If you wish to order more than 2 bags please contact us at email@example.com for shipping cost.
The perfect pure alfalfa fibre feed for fuelling work or promoting condition in horses and ponies that are prone to laminitis.
Naturally low in sugar and starch, Alfa-A Molasses Free contains no added sugar, is molasses and preservative free and is approved by The Laminitis Trust.
- Alfa-A Molasses Free is a medium calorie fibre feed, providing 11.5MJ/kg DE from fibre and oil, which is comparable to a medium energy mix or cube, but without the sugar and starch
- On average, Alfa-A Molasses Free is 10 x lower in starch than a typical medium energy mix or cube
- Alfa-A Molasses Free is suitable for horses and ponies that require a low sugar and starch ration such as those prone to laminitis or muscle problems
- Alfa-A Molasses Free includes real mint, fenugreek and alfalfa pellets for interest and taste
- Alfa-A Molasses Free contains no added sugar and naturally provides 2% starch and 4.5% sugar which is approximately half the level of sugar compared to average hay
How to get the most from Dengie Alfa-A Molasses Free?
Alfa-A Molasses Free is a straight feed and although alfalfa is abundant in natural nutrients a source of broad-spectrum vitamins and minerals should be added alongside to ensure a balanced diet such as Performance Vits & Mins or Performance+ Balancer. Alfa-A Molasses Free may be fed dry or dampened with water or a soaked product such as Dengie Alfa-Beet.
How much to feed?
|Horse or Pony
||Size Guide (hh)
||Approx Weight (kg)
||Light Work (kg/day)
||Medium/Hard Work (kg/day)
|Small Pony (eg: Shetland, Welsh A)
|Medium Pony (eg: Exmoor, New Forest)
|Large Pony (eg: Connemara, Welsh D)
|Small Horse (eg: Arab, small TB)
|Medium Horse (eg: TB, ID cross)
|Large Horse (eg: Warmblood)