If you wish to order more than 2 bags please contact us at email@example.com for shipping cost.
The ultimate pure alfalfa fibre feed for fuelling hard work, improving stamina and promoting condition in horses and ponies.
The addition of rape seed oil makes this feed excellent for providing slow-release energy without the fizz. As Alfa-A Oil is free from molasses and cereal grains it is ideal for over-excitable individuals or those prone to muscle problems.
- Alfa-A Oil provides 12.5MJ/kg of slow-release energy, which is comparable to a conditioning or competition mix, but provides 10 times less starch, making it ideal for horses with ERS which research indicates benefit from a low sugar and starch diet. Click here to read about how to feed horses with ERS.
- Alfa-A Oil is made from pure alfalfa grown in fields close to Dengie’s production sites in Essex and Lincolnshire, which has been chopped and dried at a very high temperature to lock in the natural goodness
- Alfalfa is rich in highly digestible fibre, packed with essential vitamins, minerals and antioxidants. High in protein it is ideal for helping to develop muscle tone and for muscle function
- Alfalfa is a natural buffer to gut acidity. Independent research carried out at Texas A&M University, USA showed that alfalfa was a natural buffer to acidity in the digestive system. Feeding alfalfa was more effective at reducing the incidence of gastric ulcers than turnout on pasture 24/7. Click here to read more about the study
- Alfa-A Oil has a high oil content, perfect for show ring condition, healthy skin and coat shine
- No added sugar, low in starch
How To Get The Most Out Of Feeding With Dengie Alfa-A Oil?
When feeding a fibre only ration ideally the ration should be topped up with a source of vitamins and minerals such as Performance+ Balancer or Performance Vits & Mins which are both formulated with performance in mind.
Performance+ Balancer is our higher specification balancer designed for the performance horse. Based on alfalfa and linseed the balancer supplies good quality nutrients to help with coat shine and condition. We also include a full range of B vitamins, which are important for efficient energy metabolism and chelated minerals for improved absorption.
Performance Vits & Mins is a high specification broad-spectrum vitamin and mineral supplement that contains generous levels of antioxidants for horses in medium to hard work and provides a more economical alternative to feed balancers whilst still providing appropriate levels of vitamins and minerals.
The alfalfa in Alfa-A Oil is dried at a very high temperature which reduces mould. Efficient extraction processes ensure Alfa-A Oil has a low dust content making it ideal for promoting respiratory health especially in performance and race horses
How much to feed?
|Horse or Pony
||Size Guide (hh)
||Approx Weight (kg)
||Light Work (kg/day)
||Medium/Hard Work Or For Condition (kg/day)
|Small Pony (eg: Shetland, Welsh A)
|Medium Pony (eg: Exmoor, New Forest)
|Large Pony (eg: Connemara, Welsh D)
|Small Horse (eg: Arab, small TB)
|Medium Horse (eg: TB, ID cross)
|Large Horse (eg: Warmblood)