CALM & COLLECTED is formulated to maintain and support:
- a calm and balanced nervous system
- spooky, inattentive, young, "hot" , tense or anxious horses
- shelter or rescue animals who have had previous poor treatment.
- anxious horses settling into a new environment or changes in their schooling
Calm & Collected is a dry supplement containing herbs such as chamomile and valerian to help maintain a healthy nervous system in horses of all ages. Its liquid equivalent, Calm & Collected Gold, is often used first due to its quicker initial absorption (we do not suggest you give both together). If you find your horse becoming tense or nervous, try to pinpoint any areas which may have caused this including lack of turnout, too much grain or sweet feed, insufficient exercise.
If your horse is on prolonged stall rest, due to an injury, our Rest Easy Gold might be more appropriate to use than the Calm & Collected range. For mares affected more by their seasons, consider our Easy Mare range instead.
- We recommend splitting the daily amount between two administrations.
- A 50ml scoop is included in the tub or bag and full instructions will be found on the packaging.
- Please allow up to a month for full benefits to be seen.
- Horses & ponies are individuals so often a lower maintenance amount will be sufficient for long-term use.
One of the herbs used in this product is Valerian (Valeriana officinalis). Valerian is adored by both cats and mice. In the old days, when there was an apothecary or herbalist on every street, the herbs were often stored in wooden drawers in a large sideboard. It was said that you could always tell the valerian drawer because it would be rubbed shiny by the apothecary cat rubbing up against it and polishing the wood with its body. It is also suggested that the Pied Piper of Hamelin used valerian to entice the mice and rats to follow him out of the town.